Write a Letter to the Editor
Writing a letter to the editor of your local newspaper lets readers in your community know why you support stem cell research and cures. Many newspapers allow you to send your letter via email. Just click on newspaper addresses to see whether to submit your letter by email or regular mail.
Email your letter to the editor
View sample letters to the editor
Tips for Writing Effective Letters to the Editor
By following these tips, you can increase the chances of having your letter published.
- Keep it short and to the point. Newspapers have word limits for letters to the editor. Try to keep your letter to 150 words or less.
- Make it personal. Tell your own story about how stem cell research could help you or someone close to you.
- Review our FAQ section for key facts to include in your letter.
- Proofread your letter. Use spell check and carefully proofread your letter.
- Sign your letter and include your address and telephone number. Your address and phone number will not be published, but newspapers do require this information for verification.
- Look at the sample letters to the editor for points to include in your letter.
- Click on newspaper addresses to get the correct address for your local newspaper.