April 2022 Teen PSA Competition – Climate & Health Challenge
Create public service announcements (PSAs) for social media educating about climate’s impact on health. Contest runs from April 1 – April 30, 2022.
- Video (60 seconds or less)
- $50 – To the best PSA in each catagory
All entries must meet the following requirements:
- All entrants must live in the state of Nebraska
- Participants must be between 13 and 19 years of age
- Teens may submit one entry in each category: picture, infographic, and short video
- Social media platforms for submissions are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
- Entries must include #ClimateHealthChallenge and either #NebraskaCures or tag the organization.
Judging and Selection
Images will be judged on persuasiveness, creativity, and skill. To ensure an impartial selection process, the judges will not see entrant names. Images must be on social media by end of day April 30th. Odds of being selected depend on the number of entries in each category.
FULL CONTEST RULES:
- All entrants must live in the state of Nebraska.
- Post must be made by 11:59 p.m. April 30, 2022.
- Image must be solely the work of the entrant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification. Images must not infringe on any third-party rights or intellectual property of any person, company, or organization. By submitting an image to this Contest, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Nebraska Cures for any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from possible violation of someone’s trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in any way in the entrant’s essay.
- Decisions of the judges are final. Families of Nebraska Cures Board Members and the judging committee are not eligible for prizes.
- Winners will be notified via private social media message by May 9, 2022 and will be publicly announced on the Nebraska Cures social media and website.
- Winners are responsible to provide their mailing addresses and other necessary information under the law in order to receive any prizes. Contest winners agree to allow the Nebraska Cures to post their names on their website, social media, and press materials. The winning PSAs may be posted in their entirety on any of these websites with full credit given to the author. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
There are many sources of factual information about climate’s impact on health. Here are just a few: